Do your SEO efforts satisfy you? If the result doesn’t produce what you have expected, then your SEO efforts may be failed. Below are several things that you consider about as these things can be the greatest source why your SEO effort is failed. If you work in SEO service field, this article is for you.
- Your Website is Outdated
Check on to your site and see if there are few main aspects of your website that can cause your site rank bad.
Figure out if your site cause high bounce rate. Bounce rate can be caused by a too complex website structure which users require three or more clicks to get to the page they’re interested in. The other factor is difficult navigation between pages and drop-down menus.
Here are some good website’s qualities that you can apply on your site:
- Main pages should be available from a header on the homepage
- Site structure should follow a logical and predictable order
- Use breadcrumbs to help with navigation
- Optimize HTMLS and CSS code to improve crawlability
Speed is also one of the biggest factors that will keep the users satisfy. You can install Google’s PageSpeed Insights tool to improve the loading time for your site. Here are several things that can be improved:
- Upgrade your server or invest in better hosting
- Use external hosting (such as dropbox or AWS) for large files
- Resize and compress images
- Use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to deliver images
- Minimize redirects
- Clean up your code
Responsiveness (Mobile-First Indexing)
Recently, mobile is quickly overtaking desktop in terms of searching and browsing the internet. That is why responsiveness becomes important. In fact, Google has showed more seriousness by issuing few recent moves, such as the creation of the AMP project in 2015 and the newest one is the announcement on mobile first indexing.
Provide your site with better security by moving from HTTP to HTTPS.
- You Haven’t Nailed On-Page SEO
There are many SEO elements that you need to look for. They are:
Create a clear URL structure that will not confuse users and search engines.
In order to make your page appear in SERPs, you need to add good and relevant Meta tags. Meta tags have two most important aspects, title tag and meta description. There are several was that you can try to improve your meta tags:
- Include the primary and secondary keyword in the title tag + brand name
- Don’t go above 60 seconds in your title tag
- Use unique title tags for every page
- Aim for relevance, avoid keyword stuffing
- Make the H1 heading different from the title tag
On-page SEO is not complete without a good link structure and without cleaning up your broken links. The more internal links you have that go deep and are relevant, the better for users and for your ranking. Here are some things to keep in mind for your internal links:
- Link between pages and posts on your site including to “deep” content
- Use relevant links
- Make anchor text comprehensive, natural, and relevant
- Use follow links
- Do not link excessively
Moreover, you need to investigate whether you have any broken links.
- You’re not Building Links Properly
Building inbound links is considered as the second most important ranking factor after content. So, you need to follow several strategies such as follows:
- Vary anchor text when publishing guest posts
- Do not participate in link networks
- Disavow any low-quality links pointing to your site
- Focus on generating content on your website that is valuable and can be used as a resource by others so that they will want to link back to it
- Discover your competitors’ backlinks and learn about their techniques and sources
- Build relationships, ask for links, and suggest that mentions are turned into links
- Your Content is not Performing well
Content is the core of SEO campaign. Therefore, it is important to make your content long enough and relevant.
- Your Content is Not Converting
A good content will speak to everyone who reads and as a result readers will be interested in becoming customers. Here are several ways that can turn readers into customers.