Making a perfect logo requires you a good design skill, but what if you don’t have any design skills but want to have a logo design? Don’t worry for now you can try many tools that can help you produce good logo design without even creating any design by yourself. So, whoever you are; web developer or mobile developer, you can create your own logo design.
But, first you need to know some basic design rules, such as below:
- Use only 1 or 2 colors
Less color schemes will make people easier to remember your color signature. For example, in Youtube logo, red is the dominant color. Therefore, this color will come to your mind once you think about Youtube. In fact, this color has become Youtube’s icon. Besides, each color will deliver certain meanings. So, pick the right color will convey the right meaning to your users.
- Use Simple Graphics
Simple graphics is used to make your logo’s design is easy to remember. Therefore, you better avoid using overly elaborate logo design. You can use 8 years old child as your parameter, if they are able to draw your logo easily, you have succeeded then.
- Use Versatile graphics
Your logo not only will be displayed on website or social media account but also on your business cards and other formats. So, you have to ask yourself several questions, such as:
- Will the logo work in horizontal and vertical formats?
- Will it look good if it is in just 1 color?
- Will it still be recognizable if it is scaled down like on a business card?
Now you have the basic knowledge to create logos. But, you still don’t have any skill to create logos, so how? Now, you can use logo makers and generators to help you finish the job. But, more importantly you don’t need to have any design skills. Besides, it only takes you less time compare to deal with hiring designers.
Here are some logo’s makers and generators that you can choose to help you creating logos:
#1 Tailor brands
It is one of the best logo generators we’ve tested because they actually design the logo for you. Instead of design a logo specifically for you, they use an algorithm that will choose and recommend a number of logos automatically based on the designs you actually like.
So, what you need to do is to scroll through an image library with hundreds of graphics. From the library, you choose an image you want as your logo. But what happened if you still cannot find the right logos after hundreds of graphics or font styles? Well, this tool will ask you few design questions to find out what type of design appeals to you. Based on your answers, Tailor Brands will suggest and create a logo they think will best match your design style.
So here is how the process works:
- Insert your business name.
- Describe your business in 1 sentence (think about how you want people to remember you).
- Choose between the types of logos you like (you can choose more than 1 logo types):
- Icon Based Logo – uses an easy to remember shape in the center of your logo design.
- Name Based Logo – uses your company name as the key element of your logo design.
- Initial Based Logo – uses your company initials as the main element of your logo design.
- What type of font design you like – they show you a series of font styles and you can answer “yes or no”. Based on the type of font styles you say yesto, the algorithm will know what design styles you like.
Now, you can get your design less than a minute. Awesome!
Squarespace is a super easy to use and they can offer you with a decent graphic library. This makes them not only an amazing website builder, but also a really good logo maker. In fact, Squarespace makes a good choice if you want to produce a high-resolution logo. However, as it is free, so you cannot expect the same result of graphic selection and customization like Tailor Brands.
How the process works:
- Insert your business name.
- Choose an image from the image library.
- You can move the image to the top/bottom/left/right of your business name. You can even customize the image size using the built-in drag & drop tools.
- You can customize the color and font style
#3 Graphic Springs
Graphic Springs is one of the best logo customization tools we’ve seen. The process of picking your logo is pretty straight forward with Graphic Springs;
- Insert your business name
- Pick a graphic as your logo
Then, you can move the logo graphic to the top, bottom, left or right of your business name. You can even resize the logo image using its drag &drop tools. Of course, you can change the color, font styling, and all the typical customizations you get with logo generators.